DIY treasures

, , 3 comments


I recently graduated and of course it was awesooooooooooome!!! at least I can rest for a while before I go back to all that school. Lucky for me I got my dream new apartment.......but....no furniture. As a recent graduate with very little money to spend, I had to do the best I could with my home decor. You know what that means...gotta get creative...well here are a couple of ideas to hopefully inspire you if you are in a similar predicament.

First of all I present to you my wool flowers I absolutely love them, it took me about 3 hours to make.
I bought four $1 vases from walmart and sea shells from local craft store. I placed ribbons around the neck of the vases. I also used kebab sticks to make the stem.

Here is the tutorial link on how to make the flower head: http://www.domestifluff.com/2008/10/how-to-make-pom-pom-flowers/










My second feature is a couple of bookcases i bought from the local ikea store. Specifically two billy bookcases. But as you can imagine this was a little too plain for me, so I decided to add a little pizzazz to it.

BTW i did not take a before picture, so I googled a picture that appeared similar to the bookcase before the upgrade (I found the pic at thatswhatmakesmyheartbea blog)





I used scrap booking paper from a local scraft store (about 30) and used spray glue and..tada!! awesome bookshelf!!!! (at least i think so)





Thanks for reading!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"As a recent graduate with very little money to spend" ....... you and me both. Lol!!!

Anonymous said...

I will be stealing some of your ideas. Really creative! Me likey!

...Somi. A

Anonymous said...

wow you inspire me :)