Whats for Dinner: Curried Lamb and blueberry mashed potatoes

, , 4 comments
So I bought the lamb chops over the weekend and it  had been sitting in my fridge. So last night I decided to bake it. Now what side? Brown potatoes? Pretty boring... what could I add to the brown potatoes to make it a little more exciting. Aha! Blueberries! Yum... Why Blueberries? 
Okay quick rewind. Earlier in the day I was reading a health article and it said something about blueberries working  to stop fat from being stored in the midsection. yep that got my attention alright. On a more informative note, blueberry is an antioxidant that attacks polyohenols, and helps to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.

The reason behind the decrease in belly fat is a type of polyphenol called anthocyanins that are believed to change the way fat is stored.




Okay back to the food. So I cut the lamb chops into smaller pieces to allow absorption of the spices. spices (black pepper, curry, habenero peppers, salt); rubbed it all in. Of course I preheat the oven to 375 and covered the pan. When the lamb was halfway done I turned over the pieces and left the pan open to brown.
 As for the potatoes, I cubed it and sprinkled salt and pepper and baked it for a few minutes. Halfway through I added the blueberries and brocolli stir stir stir, cook some more and then voila!


Final plate. Luv the potato /bluekberry/ brocolli




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks really yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!

AbsolutelyAfrican said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dang girl, where is mine....

AbsolutelyAfrican said...

um it depends on who this is ..lol